Sally Beauty Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: SBH) is an international specialty retailer and distributor of professional beauty supplies with annual revenues of over $3.8 billion and operating earnings of approximately $380 million. The Company operates primarily through two business units, Sally Beauty Supply and Beauty Systems Group (BSG), and is the largest distributor of professional beauty supplies in the U.S. based on store count.
The Sally Beauty Supply and Beauty Systems Group businesses sell and distribute through over 5,000 stores, including 175 franchised units, throughout the United States and Puerto Rico, the United Kingdom, Belgium, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, France, Ireland, Spain, Germany, the Netherlands, and Peru.
Sally Beauty Supply has over 3,700 stores worldwide and offers up to 10,000 professional beauty products for hair, skin, and nails through leading third-party brands and exclusive-label professional product lines. Sally Beauty Supply customer base includes retail consumers and salon professionals.
The Beauty Systems Group business has over 1,300 stores, including 164 franchise stores. BSG also has one of the largest networks of professional distributor sales consultants in North America, with approximately 950 consultants. The BSG stores and sales consultants sell up to 10,000 professionally branded hair, skin and nail beauty products that are sold exclusively to professional stylists and salons for use and resale to their customers.
- An open-line and exclusive-label beauty products retailer offering professional beauty products to both retail consumers and salon professionals
- Began operations with a single store in New Orleans in 1964
- Over 3,700 stores worldwide
- Approximately , 3,200 in North America
- Over 500 Europe, U.K., Ireland and South America
- Annual sales of $2.3 billion; gross profit margin of 55%
- Average store size 1,700 square foot
- Comprehensive product assortment – 6,000 to 10,000 SKU's
- Broad selection of third-party branded and exclusive-label professional beauty products not available in retail
- A leading full-service beauty products distributor offering professional beauty products exclusively to professional stylists and salons for use and resale to their customers
- Over 1,300 stores in North America
- Approximately 1,150 Company-operated (CosmoProf)
- 164 Franchise (Armstrong McCall)
- Approximately, 950 distributor sales consultants
- Annual sales of $1.5 billion; gross profit margin of over 41%
- Average store size 2,700 square foot
- Comprehensive product assortment between 5,000 and 10,000 SKU's
- Broad selection of third-party branded professional beauty products not available in retail